Premera protective coatings are one of the most versatile anti-corrosion coatings on the market today. These elastomeric coatings can be applied to various substrates, protecting against corrosion and weathering. The coatings are a great choice for various industrial and construction applications, as well as military and marine settings. With resistance to corrosion, impact damage, and other hazards, these coatings can provide long-term protection for your investment. In this blog post, we will introduce you to the features of the Premera line of products and explore how these coatings are used in different industries.
What Are Premera Protective Coatings?
Premera products are coatings used to prevent corrosion and extend the life of what they are coating. They contain a specific formulation that provides colour stability, resistance to chemicals, and protection from the elements for extended periods of time. They are made with polyaspartic aliphatic polyurea thin film chemistry and nanotechnology.
Premera products can be used in any climate, temperature, or geographic location to provide anti-corrosion protection. They’re often used as a standalone protective coating or, more commonly, as a topcoat for steel, wood, concrete, masonry, brick, and other types of prepared and primed surfaces in highly corrosive settings.
What Are the Features of Premera Protective Coatings?
Premera coatings offer a variety of features that make them the ideal choice for many different settings. These features include:
- Super Thin Adhesive: The elastomeric properties of Premera products allow them to form a bond with the substrate that is much thinner than other types of coatings. This allows it to adhere to difficult substrates and provide long-term protection.
- Abrasion Resistance: The wear-resistant properties of Premera products make them ideal for high-traffic areas or settings where there is a risk of impact damage.
- Corrosion Resistance: The coatings protect against corrosion, even in the harshest environments.
- High-temperature Resistance: Premera products can withstand high temperatures without losing their protective properties.
- Flexibility: Premera products are designed to flex and move with the substrate, making them ideal for use in settings where thermal expansion and contraction are a concern. The coatings are extremely flexible, allowing them to expand and contract with the substrate without cracking or flaking.
- Colour Stability: In applications where aesthetics are important, Premera coatings are ideal because they are resistant to fading and discolouration.
- Saltwater Resistance: Premera products are an excellent choice for marine settings, as they are resistant to saltwater corrosion. Premera products are also resistant to mould and mildew growth, making them ideal for use in humid or damp environments.
- Ease of Application: The coatings can be applied quickly and easily, without the need for special equipment or training.
- Durability: Premera products are designed for long-term protection and they have a lifespan of up to 20 years in some cases.
Industrial Applications for Premera Anti-Corrosion Coating Solutions
The Premera product line is an excellent choice for various industrial and construction applications. With its superior protection against corrosion, impact damage, abrasion, and other hazards, Premera products can help extend the life of your investment.
Premera products are often used in construction applications to protect metal surfaces from corrosion. The coatings can also protect concrete and masonry surfaces from weathering and abrasion. The coatings are commonly used for:
- Large pedestrian and automobile parking decks
- Architectural finishes and structural protection
- Amusement and water park facades and features
- Concrete floor coatings in manufacturing and processing plants
Oil and Gas
Premera products are an excellent choice for use in the oil and gas industry to protect pipelines, tanks, and other equipment from corrosion, harsh chemicals, and high temperature. This material is also commonly used in pipeline barges and off-shore oil platforms.
Military and Marine
Premera products are resistant to saltwater corrosion, making them an ideal choice in military and marine settings. The coatings are often used to protect ships, vehicles, and equipment from the elements.
The high-temperature resistance of Premera products makes them an excellent choice for use in the aerospace industry. The coatings are often used to protect aircraft engine parts from corrosion and wear.
Premera coatings are often used to protect trucks, buses, utility vehicles, and trains from corrosion.
Premera products are used in the power generation industry to protect power plant equipment from corrosion. Also, the costings are used on electric poles, windmills, and offshore structures.
Premera products are used in the waste management industry to protect landfill equipment from corrosion.
Premera Protective Coating Products
The Premera product line offers a variety of coatings that are designed for use in specific industries. Whether you need protection from corrosion, abrasion, or impact damage, Premera has a coating that is right for your application.
- Nukote PA II: A high-solids, aliphatic polyaspartic polyurea coating that can be used as a topcoat for many aromatic paints that require additional UV protection and durability.
- Premera EON Coat: A two-part coating that creates a continuous layer of ceramic protection against corrosion for carbon steel.
- Premera Chemshield: A multi-component system made of ceramics in a polymeric binder that works effectively in corrosive, chemical, and abrasive environments at room or elevated temperatures.
Contact IMC Distributors for Premera Anti-Corrosion Coatings in Canada
IMC Distributors is proud to be a Canadian distributor of Premera protective coatings from Nukote Coating Systems. We offer a wide range of Premera products that are designed for use in a variety of industries. If you need a coating resistant to corrosion, abrasion, or impact damage, we have a Premera product that is right for your application. Contact us today to learn more about our Premera products and how they can help you protect your equipment from the damaging effects of corrosion.