Whether you need it for a residential or commercial project, Shell Tixophalte has many different uses that are perfect for any construction or repair project. Rain or shine, Shell Tixophalte is a high-quality and dependable concrete sealer and joint filler that delivers fast, longstanding, and durable waterproofing results for a variety of applications.
What Is Shell Tixophalte Sealant?
Shell Tixophalte is a multi-tasking, joint-sealing, and concrete repair powerhouse that offers exceptional waterproofing solutions. It acts as a strong adhesive to bridge gaps and cracks quickly and effectively between joints while also preventing moisture from penetrating through cracks and causing internal damages.
Consisting of a bituminous compound, Shell Tixophalte can be applied in both dry and wet conditions, even when completely submerged underwater. Featuring key chemical ingredients that actively repel water, Shell Tixophalte works as a strong and durable adhesive that can be applied to a variety of wet and dry surfaces. It can also be used on a wide range of building materials including plastics, concrete, glass, bituminous membranes, asphalt, and metals.
What Are the Different Shell Tixophalte Applications and Uses?
Shell Tixophalte follows the ISO11600 standard for building materials, which means it offers superior lifetime rust and corrosion prevention, which extends the overall lifecycle of various building materials that are consistently exposed to external elements.
Since it’s stored in aluminum cartridges, Shell Tixophalte also has an extremely long shelf life of three years compared to other similar industrial and commercial use adhesives and joint sealers that are currently on the market.
Even when it’s completely dry and cured, Shell Tixophalte has enough flexibility to fully adhere to and anticipate the movement of the various building materials to which it’s applied.
Given its incredible durability and resilience, Shell Tixophalte uses and applications include the following residential, commercial, and industrial projects:
- Sealing leaks and making repairs. Shell Tixophalte adheres to a variety of surfaces. It’s used to bridge gaps and repair cracks to prevent water from infiltrating concrete and other surfaces.
- Adhering to all types of roofing felts. Shell Tixophalte provides additional support for roofing felts that are installed beneath shingles to prevent water penetration and damages. It adheres roofing felts together to form a solid waterproof membrane and stop leaks.
- Fixing rainwater drainage systems. Shell Tixophalte can also be used to fix cracks and leaks in rainwater drainage systems that are connected to the roof of a building.
- Waterproofing roofing overlaps. Roofing materials such as shingles or metal sheets are typically overlapped to allow for proper airflow and drainage. Shell Tixophalte joint sealer and adhesive can be applied to the underlying area beneath the roofing panels and form a seamless membrane to prevent water runoff from damaging and penetrating the base material.
- Plumbing. With the ability to be used in wet and underwater conditions, Shell Tixophalte is the ideal joint sealer to connect various plumbing outlets such as metal and PVC plastic pipes. It can also be safely and effectively applied to repair leaks or cracks in plumbing fixtures and it’s completely safe to come into contact with potable water.
- Filling cracks and joints in wet and underwater conditions. Shell Tixophalte provides long-term crack and joint sealing adhesion that’s completely waterproof and impenetrable for other external elements such as dirt and debris. Not only can it be applied and adhere to building materials underwater and in wet conditions, but it also dries and cures within minutes. It’s completely impervious to rust, corrosion, and potentially harmful chemical reactions that could contaminate local or residential water supplies.
- Underwater applications. With its advanced waterproofing and water-repelling properties, Shell Tixophalte can be used for a wide range of wet-weather and underwater conditions including repairing and waterproofing dams, bridges, waterways, canals, water storage reservoirs, and hydraulic power stations that provide electricity to thousands of communities around the globe. Any building or construction application that consistently comes into direct contact with rainwater or water from structural sources can benefit greatly from the added protection of Shell Tixophalte joint sealer.
- Handling emergency roof repairs. Shell Tixophalte is capable of forming a strong yet flexible and impenetrable seamless membrane that seals shingle cracks and is resistant to a variety of weather conditions and elements.
In addition to forming a strong seamless, flexible, yet impenetrable membrane with perfect adhesion to a variety of surfaces, Shell Tixophalte also has thixotropic properties. This means that it’s thick enough to be applied to sloped or angled and straight vertical surfaces with excellent precision without dripping or sliding out of place.
What Are the Benefits of Shell Tixophalte Waterproofing Solutions?
The benefits of Shell Tixophalte waterproofing solutions span a wide range of applications and uses. From residential and commercial applications to industrial building, renovation, and repair projects, this is one of the most versatile, highest performing, and hardest working advanced adhesive products on the market.
Here are some of the most noteworthy benefits of using Shell Tixophalte for your next construction, installation, or repair project.
- It’s ready-to-use and easy to apply. Simply squeeze as much or as little as you need out of the tube and wait for it to work its magic.
- It can be applied in wet-weather or underwater conditions both indoors and outdoors and has excellent direct adhesion to a multitude of materials. Shell Tixophalte is the number-one choice for concrete, metal, plastic, glass, bituminous membranes, asphalt, and a range of other commonly used building materials.
- Shell Tixophalte has excellent adhesion and sticks to all of the abovementioned building materials with ease.
- Shell Tixophalte offers exceptional long-term rust and corrosion protection and is suitable for slightly damp to completely wet or underwater conditions.
- It meets ISO11600 standards that are required of structural joint fillers, such as sufficient flexibility to account for anticipated movement.
Shell Tixophalte from IMC Distributors
When you need a high-performance, reliable, durable, and long-lasting one-step joint filler or concrete sealer, then Shell Tixophalte is the ideal waterproofing solution. IMC Distributors is proud to partner with Shell, one of the foremost developers of high-quality joint sealers and building material repair products, to bring our customers this advanced waterproofing solution that’s proven to work. Contact us to get more information or to place an order.