ISOMAT Polyurea Seamless Waterproof Coating technology for Flat Roofs
Polyurea seamless coating technology constitutes a more recent and advanced system than the traditional ones used in waterproofing and protective coating applications.
However, it is not a new technology. In fact, it has been around and in use for three decades.
Polyurea waterproof roof coatings represent one of the toughest corrosion and weather erosion solutions available providing a seamless and durable coating to increase the operational life of what they protect.
The technology is based on the reaction of an isocyanate component with an amine blend. The isocyanate can be of aromatic or aliphatic composition. This reaction is rapid, proceeding to completion within a few seconds, thus requiring specialized mixing and application equipment to be used by a specialized application crew.
General reaction for forming a polyurea chain, illustrating the two monomer reactants and highlighting the urea linkage in the product.
NO OPEN FLAMES OR TORCHES ARE REQUIRED DURING THE INSTALLATION OF OUR POLYUREA ROOF MEMBRANE SYSTEMS
Unique Benefits of our ISOMAT X-Treme Roof Protection Polyurea Coatings are:
- Ultra-fast curing. Return to service happens many times faster than traditional roofing systems. Gel time is achieved within seconds, allowing foot traffic after a few minutes, so the facility could be back in use in less than one day.
- Impressive chemical resistance and exceptional mechanical properties like elongation, tensile strength, tear strength, abrasion resistance and crack-bridging ability.
- High resistance to heavy mechanical loads.
- Provides protection from environmental damage to your roofing system. Abrasions will not be an issue with this coating that withstands storms and debris.
- Resists corrosive chemical fallout that can occur from the production areas inside of the building, from a neighbouring building, or from pollution and acid rain.
- Thermal stability to temperature variations. When sprayed to your project area, our polyurea coating cures quickly and is able to withstand varying atmospheric conditions, including high humidity and very low temperatures.
- 100% solids formula
- Manufactured to contain no solvents or volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), ISOMAT polyureas have virtually no impact on the surrounding environment.
- The application process is also environmentally friendly, with no out-gassing occurring during the spraying procedure.
- Rapidly applied with a special two-component, high-pressure and temperature spray machine.
- Vapour permeable, preventing moisture accumulation.
- Applicable on vertical and curved surfaces for easy handling of details such as vents, upturns and mechanical units.
- Relatively unlimited application thickness in one pass.
- Excellent for restoration and reroofing with good adhesion to a variety of different substrates (concrete, metals, wood, mod bit, TPO, PVC, EPDM, BUR etc.) even under high humidity and extreme temperatures.
- Root resistant for green roofs.
While there are many coating systems in use today none are more functional or beneficial than our Polyurea roofing systems.
The Isomat X-Treme PUA 1360 Roofing System
Dependent on substrate and moisture level:
- Isomat Primer-PU 100
- Isomat Primer-PU 140
- Isomat EpoxyPrimer 500
- Isomat EpoxyCoat-AC
100% Pure Polyurea Membrane:
- Isomat X-Treme Roof Protection PUA 1360 Polyurea Coating
UV Resistant Topcoat Options:
- Isomat Topcoat-PU 720
- Isomat Topcoat-PU 740
- Isomat Topcoat-PAS 760
- Isomat Topcoat-PAS 780